Family Law and Mediation in Newport Beach
Free Case Evaluation 949.416.2057
What is Child Support Enforcement? The Law Offices of Marc E. Mitzner is here to help!

Orange County Attorney Working for Child Support Enforcement

Help with Child Custody Enforcement in Orange County

When you have had a divorce decree or you have established paternity and the Court has deemed that your child should receive financial support and aid from the other parent, there is often a relief. You have calculated the child support, now things are settled and both ex- spouses can move forward in their lives. However, in certain cases it may be observed that the road is not that smooth - despite the decrees of the Court - when it comes to the parent actually fulfilling that financial obligation.

If you find yourself in this situation, or you find yourself on the other side of the issue - being faced to pay an enormous amount of child support that is not fair and just and may need a modification. Attorney Marc E. Mitzner may be of legal assistance. Located in Orange County California and practicing in the Orange County Courts for over 20 years, Mr. Mitzner has limited his practice to divorce and family law issues. He is competent and up to date in his knowledge of this area and is committed to stand strongly and fight aggressively for your rights.

How Can A Lawyer Help with Child Support Enforcement?

If you should be receiving child support and have not in the past or the payments have "dropped out" an experienced and knowledgeable attorney may make the difference in your case. There are things that can be done through the Courts and outside of the Courts.

Some of the punitive actions which can be taken on your behalf, but outside the Courts, are:

  • Wage withholding
  • Income Tax Refund Offset
  • Lottery Prize Offset
  • Driving Privilege Suspension
  • Property Execution
  • Liens
  • California State Tax Collection
  • Credit Bureau Reporting

Some of the actions that the Courts can make possible are:

  • Court ordered money judgment for arrears
  • Order to Seek Work
  • Civil Contempt or Criminal Prosecution
  • Commit the payer to up to 6 months in jail
  • Place the payer on probation
  • Order a $1000 fine on top of monies owed

You do not have to feel alone and helpless in your child support enforcement situation. Contact Orange County child support lawyer Marc Mitzner today for the help you need!